In order to serve Chengdu's Free Trade Pilot Zone and Comprehensive Innovation Reform Pilot Area construction, the Entry-Exit Administration of Chengdu Public Security Bureau has issued 15 policies and measures effective beginning June 1, 2017, with the specific contents shown as below:
1. Foreign high-level talents fulfilling approval criteria as well as their spouses and minor children may directly apply for permanent residence in China on the recommendation of Free Trade Pilot Zone Management Committee or other relevant units.
2. Foreigners who have worked locally for four consecutive years, and actually lived in China for no less than six accumulated months every year with stable living guarantee and residence, as well as annual salary income and annual individual income tax payment up to stipulated standards may directly apply for permanent residence in China on the recommendation of their employer, and their spouses and minor children are allowed to apply for this at the same time.
3. Foreign Chinese with doctoral degree working locally or foreign Chinese living locally for four consecutive years and actually living in China for no less than six accumulated mouths every year may directly apply for permanent residence in China.
4. For foreign Chinese coming to visit their relatives, conduct commercial trade activities, develop science, education, culture and health exchange activities, or handle private affairs, a multiple entry-exit visa with five years’ validity may be issued; for foreign Chinese needing long-term residence for their work, study, family reunion or other personal matters at local, a residence permit with a valid period of no more than five years may be issued according to relevant rules and regulations.
5. Foreign study abroad student in China with innovation and entrepreneurship intentions may apply for residence permit with two to five years of validity for personal affairs (marked with “entrepreneurship”) using graduation certificate issued by Chinese higher education institution for conducting graduation internship or innovation and entrepreneurship activities. During this period, those hired by relevant employers may apply for work-type residence permit in accordance with rules and regulations. Foreign student from overseas higher education institution invited by enterprises registered with the exit and entry administration of provincial public security organ may apply for a short-term visa for personal affairs (marked with “internship”) at the port of entry for the purpose of internship activities within China; those entering with other kinds of visas may also apply in China for change to short-term visa for personal affairs (marked with “internship”) for the purpose of internship activities.
6. For foreigners working locally that has applied for work-type residence permit for two consecutive times and has not violated any law or regulation, during the third application for work-type residence permit, a work-type residence permit with no more than five years of validity may be issued in accordance to rules and regulations.
7. Foreign technical talents and senior management talents recruited and employed by relevant enterprises and possessing proper work permit certificate may apply for work visa at the port of entry; those with no time to handle the work permit certificate may apply for talent visa using invitation letter issued by inviting enterprises.
8. Pre-arrival Port visa Arrangement service will be further extended to enterprises and public institutions in Free Trade Pilot Zone and Comprehensive Innovation Reform Pilot Zone.
9. Exit and entry administrations of public security organ at county level in Free Trade Pilot Zone and Comprehensive Innovation Reform Pilot Zone satisfying relevant conditions will be granted authority to issue visa to foreigners.
10. High-level talents affirmed by talent administration of Sichuan Province may apply locally for nationality application or Exit and Entry Permit for their children with nationality conflict.
11. Exit and entry administrations of public security organ at county level in the various areas of Free Trade Pilot Zone as well as Comprehensive Innovation Reform Pilot Zone satisfying the conditions are granted authority to examine and re-issue electronic Entry and Exit Permit for Hong Kong and Macao and electronic Entry and Exit Permit for Taiwan.
12. The exit and entry administrations of public security at county level satisfying the conditions in each area of Free Trade Pilot Zone as well as Comprehensive Innovation Reform Pilot Zone are granted right to accept the application for establishment of intermediaries of exit and entry for private affairs registered in the range of jurisdiction, and conduct business management, supervision and inspection to these intermediaries.
13. The exit and entry administrations of public security organ at county level in the various areas of Free Trade Pilot Zone as well as Comprehensive Innovation Reform Pilot Zone satisfying the conditions are granted authority to accept Hong Kong and Macau business registration submitted by enterprises and institutions registered within area of jurisdiction.
14、在自由贸易试验区各片区及全面创新改革试验区各签证受理大厅开设“TF”窗口(TALENT FIRST 人才优先窗口)，为外籍人才提供签证证件、永久居留申请快捷通道。
14. “TF” (Talent First) window will be opened in visa acceptance hall of each area of Free Trade Pilot Zone and Comprehensive Innovation Reform Pilot Zone in order to provide foreign talents with a quick channel for application of visa and permanent residence.
15. There are plans to build exit and entry service station, extend service platform, perfect service function and improve service level at the places where foreign talents gather.
(Remarks: Items 1-7 are policies of Ministry of Public Security, items 8-13 are policies of Provincial Department of Public Security, and items 14-15 are policies of Exit and Entry Administration of Municipal Public Security Bureau.)
In case of discrepancy, the original version of Chinese shall prevail.